Decatur Social Worker
General Role of School Social Worker
- Brief individual counseling for students around emotions, friendships, problem-solving, family, grief/loss, divorce, etc.
- Small groups to increase friendships, social skills, grief and loss support, divorce support.
- Whole class lessons focused on social-emotional learning, bullying prevention, conflict management.
- Supporting children and families in crisis.
- Connecting families to community and mental health resources.
- Coordinating the school’s weekend food packs.
- Collaborating with families, teachers, and other educators in various capacities
Contact the School Social Worker
Referrals and questions can be sent to the social worker by families, teachers, and administrators. Students can also self-refer. You can contact Decatur’s school social worker, Ms. Agor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 206-379-2968.
If your family is in crisis and needing additional supports